May our hearts and minds continue to birl away from self and move through the currents of this world, carried by His Word, to the eternal embrace of our Saviour, Christ Jesus.

Saturday, April 19, 2014

PeaceFULLness



 It was soooo very still in the labyrinth yesterday. The fallen bamboo leaves crunched under my feet so loudly I thought I would wake up the neighborhood! But that stillness just made the sweet coo of the whitewing even more tender sounding. At first I thought maybe I should go back for my clippers, too! The duranta and bamboo branches were hanging lowly all over the paths. But, as often happens here, this was just another sweet reminder to slow down, pause and lift the branch, then move on. This Good Friday was peaceFull. Contrary to what Good Friday is all about, I was acutely aware of the peaceFullness of these moments.

Earlier in the week I had written a note to myself and this thought hasn’t finished mulling around in my head. In our busy, distraction based world we somehow think that “if” God has something to say He will get our attention, instead of us giving Him ours. 
This looks different for everyone, for me prayer time in the labyrinth is one way to give Him my full attention…and this day was so very Peace-filled.
PeaceFULLness ~ that was the word (yes, spelled just like that in my head) that came to me in those first few crunchy steps. I just let the whitewing sing me in the door.

It is this PeaceFullness of living with Christ ~ made possible by the void, our souls given over to His sacrifice. He bore it all on the cross –all- not only the sins so obvious to us, the ones so blatantly walking with death, but those in the shadow of death. The Light of His sacrifice reveals those “good” things that tempt and so slyly separate us from Christ.
This Good Friday is the day we remember His sacrifice for us. And He paid for all that lies in our souls that is not of Him, not holy-bound ~ the void He creates in our very souls is where His PeaceFULLness comes to reside. It is where the Fullness of Christ breathes Life into a once sin-sick soul. We have the opportunity in the void to allow God’s will to overflow into us, because He will never manipulate or coerce ~ True Love cannot. We cannot “live” in the void, because death dwells there in its many disguises. True Love, God’s Love, His Grace pours out and heals for the “soul” purpose of a restoration that speaks of its PeaceFullness in Christ ~ the celebration that comes with Easter Sunday!


I John 4:4-6 ~ The Voice Version
My children, you have come from God and have conquered these spirits because the One who lives within you is greater than the one in this world.  But they are of this world, and they articulate the views of the corrupt world, which the world understands.  We come from God, and those who know God hear us. Whoever is not from God will not listen to us. This is the way we discern the difference between the spirit of truth and the spirit of deception.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stepping in to birl with me!
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace
as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow
with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13