May our hearts and minds continue to birl away from self and move through the currents of this world, carried by His Word, to the eternal embrace of our Saviour, Christ Jesus.

Saturday, December 19, 2015

The Vessel Life ~ A Prayer



Poured out and overflowing with You, that is the life I want to learn, Lord. Teach me to step up, or lean back. You “risked” everything for us. You gave up time in the glory of heaven to come meet us in our self absorbed world. You stepped right into our darkness and You loved, without boundary You love. And Your Love, THE Love, abides in us. We, Your children, are the vessels You created to bare Your Love in this fallen world. Help me, teach me to bare it well.
God, the one and only—
    I’ll wait as long as he says.
Everything I hope for comes from him,
    so why not?
He’s solid rock under my feet,
    breathing room for my soul,
An impregnable castle:
    I’m set for life.
Psalm 62:5 & 6 ~ The Message Version
You are the “breathing room for my soul.” May each breath renew Your love in me, enable me to be risky, as You are. Help me to see this vessel life as You do…the next right step, the opportunities, the fullness You place in every moment to live as You, that others may only see You, my Lord.
You can be sure that God will take care of everything you need, his generosity exceeding even yours in the glory that pours from Jesus. Our God and Father abounds in glory that just pours out into eternity.
Philippians 4:19 & 20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stepping in to birl with me!
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace
as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow
with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13