May our hearts and minds continue to birl away from self and move through the currents of this world, carried by His Word, to the eternal embrace of our Saviour, Christ Jesus.

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Clatter



I came to the labyrinth today to just spend a few quiet minutes of thanks. We have experienced several days of amazing Peace during a storm. I wanted to thank God for His care over us, for those who have lifted us in prayer and have asked His Love to overflow to us ~ and it has.

Tho' as a northern was blowing in, it didn’t feel all that peaceful. With the winds gusting above 40mph, the noise was deafening. The tops of the bamboo were thrashing into each other, leaves were falling…it was energetic, to say the least! As a gust hit, I grabbed a trunk to steady myself and the feeling took my breath away. I could feel the trimmers coming down from the reeling above. BUT, all the bases of the bamboo were fine- well rooted and held firm, they still clattered about in the storm, but they didn’t budge.

Clatter, it is the noise life makes. Humdrum, bustling about to raging storms, it is all clattering. It can hypnotize you, draw you in to its clat-clat-clatter, till it becomes your focus. The “thing” to get done before you slow down never ends….and when our clatter joins with others?!?!? The distraction level can seem insurmountable!

Right there, hand on the bamboo, He reminded me again where my roots are and WHO we are rooted in. Yes, there are storms that clatter about, that try to get our focus elsewhere, but our roots run deep and our foundation is Jesus. He came to rescue us from life’s clatter and to still the storms.
He is the Prince of Peace, Yahweh Shammah, the Cancelor of Clatter.


“I’m telling you these things while I’m still living with you. The Friend, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send at my request, will make everything plain to you. He will remind you of all the things I have told you. I’m leaving you well and whole. That’s my parting gift to you. Peace.”
John 14:27 ~ The Message Version

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stepping in to birl with me!
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace
as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow
with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13