May our hearts and minds continue to birl away from self and move through the currents of this world, carried by His Word, to the eternal embrace of our Saviour, Christ Jesus.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Nets



…they didn’t ask questions. 
They dropped their nets and followed.
Mark 1:18 ~ The Message


Questions, I’m full of them! ‘How? Why? When?...why?’ 
Wasn’t that what we were all taught growing up? How to write a good paper, formulate your thoughts, grasp concepts – they all start with questioning the obvious! Now days we have catch phrases that impugn the statements of others incessantly…Really? Seriously?
We throw up walls to deafen the input of others and cut off possibly vital life giving words, and it all runs on auto pilot. My questions to myself ~ “How am I questioning God without even realizing it? What does my “autopilot” sound like to Him? And while I’m asking questions ~ “What do my nets look like, what are they full of and why haven’t I put them down?!?”

I do think those are all good questions and maybe should be addressed. God does spend our earthly life teaching us, growing us up in Him and revealing the next right step everyday. Thank you, Jesus He does, ‘cuz we all carry things we shouldn’t and pick things up along the way that we were never intended to carry. For me, putting things out of my life that do not honour God is important, but I have to ask myself about those silly nets!?! You see, I wouldn’t have “stuff” in the way, if I didn’t have somewhere to store it.
      So Lord, please show me my “nets”. The places, people and possessions that carry my stuff, not Yours. And oh Lord, when You show me, by Your Grace, help me to put down my nets and not ask any questions. ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stepping in to birl with me!
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace
as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow
with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13