May our hearts and minds continue to birl away from self and move through the currents of this world, carried by His Word, to the eternal embrace of our Saviour, Christ Jesus.

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Weeds



“One person’s weed, is another’s flower.” was the first thing that came to mind this morning, as I entered the labyrinth at St. Stephen’s . It is always so peaceful, as it looks out over Ft. Worth…all the city’s hustle and bustle doesn’t make it up the hill. Just the cool morning breeze and doves cooing filled that space this morning. Space all we (or least, I) seem to do is fill it up!

I walked, thanking God again for this particular space…up on the hill, in the nook of the old church, a space set aside to walk with Him. I know He is with us everywhere, but all to often, the clutter of life gets in the way of quiet, one-on-one time. (More accurately, I allow it)

Spring time has sprung here, too! Recent rains have blooms everywhere…even a few weeds. I admit, more often than not, I feel like the weed ~ out of place, trying to bloom where I don’t belong. But, this morning, in those quiet steps, God reminded me just Who our Gardener is ! 😊 If our path seems to “wander”, Who do we think allowed it? And, I may see a weed, but God sees His blooms coming up right where HE put them.

Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take.
Proverbs 3:6

I left the labyrinth today thinking, we need to watch Who we are allowing to define the world around us, ‘cuz weeds are just flowers we haven’t met yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stepping in to birl with me!
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace
as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow
with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13