May our hearts and minds continue to birl away from self and move through the currents of this world, carried by His Word, to the eternal embrace of our Saviour, Christ Jesus.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Looking UP


What a morning! We have had sprinkler repair people all over the yard for days, so today was the day to put things back in place in the labyrinth. Just a few path rocks to move and plants to rearrange. And it is another day I am so thankful for the breezy morning, too!

Two new control valves had to be added to the system…and of course they’re in the labyrinth!?!?! It was cool to see that, unbeknownst to the sprinkler dude, the valves were in just the right spot. I just added a few new rocks and presto the eye sore was gone! This whole process had me going around to see what other spots may need to be re-worked.


I got to looking at the paths, just the paths, over and around the whole area…Some narrow ways, some with big markers on the sides, some seem to be dead ends, but aren’t and other paths you really can’t make out from a distance…If you think about it for a second, it kinda looks like our lives!  
Take me by the hand;
Lead me down the path of truth. Psalm 25:5
We may think it would be easier if life were a straight line, but where’s the adventure in that?  
Life is full of twists and turns and God has plans for every one of them. He grows us and matures us down our paths and we can be richer in our relationship with Him for the journey He takes us on. 
He puts big walls where they are needed, little ones elsewhere, a few hills and valleys, and of course our destination is securely set!

Each of us are unique, a story written by God for every one of His dearly loved children. There are billions of people with billions of steps designed for their lives! I just wonder if we have this ‘unique’ thing backwards. I mean He has a plan for each of us and He loves us fully, but let’s not forget that He’s the One, the Only, the Unique God, the Author of our salvation who made all these plans!
As we walk our ‘unique’ path, it can be easy to keep our eyes on the path, head down and nose to the grind stone, as it were…to watch our steps thinking we’re being responsible and stuff.
This morning I stopped to stretch my neck, after all this path checking, and I just looked up. 
What a relief, what a pretty sight! In our own soul care, this is essential! Looking up to the One who’s got it all laid out for us. With God in our gaze, all the stress is gone, the worries handed over to Him fade away (‘cuz He has a path for that person we’re ‘worried’ about, too!) and our path perspective can become His perspective.  

If I keep my eyes on God, I won’t trip over my own feet.
Psalm 25:15

When you have a minute, treat yourself to a few minutes and read all of Psalm 25 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stepping in to birl with me!
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace
as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow
with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13