May our hearts and minds continue to birl away from self and move through the currents of this world, carried by His Word, to the eternal embrace of our Saviour, Christ Jesus.

Friday, August 2, 2013

Snarl?



For those who haven’t had the pleasure, please meet Ruby & Ricky. They are quite the pair! They have also ‘worked’ with me in making the labyrinth. You know, keeping me company and always smiling, no matter how hot it is!
That got me to thinking….again! These two wake up like this! They start the day with a smile, not a snarl.

Our lives are made up of seasons. We like to categorize them, good or bad, but really This is the Day the Lord has made, period. God has a point and a purpose to every season.
I’m not sure I can actually be Ruby when I grow up, but I’m working on it. Think how much more beautiful each day can be when we don’t have to get over our own self-imposed ‘snarl’ before we face the rest of the day!

It’s really about trusting, right? Ruby &Ricky trust that we love them, that we will feed them, throw the Frisbee and in general live life with them. They don’t question our motives in things of life, they just trust. Hello?!?!? Sure hope I’m hearing what I’m typing!
God extends His love to us, His provision and care in our lives with no strings. We just have to trust Him in all things. OK, so maybe the ‘just’ in that sentence is where we get caught in our own strings. Proverbs 3, the Message version says,
Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He’s the one who will keep you on track. Don’t assume that you know it all. Run to God! Run from evil!

Trust God….Listen for God…Run to God. This verse gives us three of the most important verbs in our day! And yes, I did notice that snarl wasn’t on that list! Scripture also tells us that our words come from the overflow of our heart, so that’s another great tool for listening for clues on the snarl-o-meter.

During a recent online talk, Richard Foster said, “we are to pass on The Treasure, not the vessel.” In a lost and confused world we have the blessing of carrying The Treasure into the lives of others as God leads….what a blessing!!! For me, that perspective changes how I see everyone. He determines our steps and gives us opportunities to “pass on” the greatest Treasure of all, but we can also be all about the vessel (insert snarl here) and miss the opportunities brought before us.
  
May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart
    be pleasing in your sight,
    Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

Trust God….Listen for God…Run to God.
This next week, I am going to try and think of (then write them down) specific ways I am doing any of the above. Let’s not make this some phrase that would be a great bumper sticker, let’s 
RUN TO GOD!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stepping in to birl with me!
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace
as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow
with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13