May our hearts and minds continue to birl away from self and move through the currents of this world, carried by His Word, to the eternal embrace of our Saviour, Christ Jesus.

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Created Space ~




I am sooooo excited! Today I got to work on the path leading toward the labyrinth. During all this ‘construction’, I have slopped thru the mud, or tracked in the dusty dirt from this portion of things. But, yes, today the mud is gone and these lovely, big stepping stones are there instead. In this pic, I had just washed them down and gotten all the mud off the little pebbles…it just glimmered in the sun. Perfect, now there will be no more tramping thru the mud for anyone that comes over from now on!
I glanced back and found this pic from the beginning of the labyrinth taking shape. Truth be told, there really wasn’t much of a plan. Just to spend a couple hours a day (too hot for this girl to put in much more time than that!) clearing things out and then, Poof!, there would be a labyrinth, right?
Well, I had a thought today, as I was in a hurry to move all the buckets of pebbles, and it just made me laugh out loud. This reminded me of another ‘hurry’ feeling I had a few years ago when I was making one of my first prayer shawls. I thought I needed to hurry, that this woman friend really needed this shawl…I mean, she was going thru a really rough time after all! That was when I felt it, this thought, a prompt from deep in my soul that said, “no, she needs the prayers.”
Be still and know that I am God.
Psalm 46:10
See? Oh, how often I get caught in the thing I am doing and forget all about its purpose, or don’t even look for it in the first place…God’s purpose in things. If you would have told me 5 months ago that this ‘thing’ of a labyrinth was going to be such a project, I would have thought you were crazy! But, God has, as He always does, used His time wisely. It does help that He isn’t constrained by it in the first place! 
This has definitely taken shape from the inside out! What a blessing to watch it unfold and move out to these steps that lead in. It’s the same with us. God begins His work within and it transforms us inside to out. One of the beauties of this is that the same outward path works inwardly, too. Those outgoing soul steps He creates, He then pours other people and experiences into us, as we open up to them. His perfect design moves mercifully as the tides, to fill and to feed our souls in every step.

God didn’t contrive some manipulated plan to get things done, He created space for His purpose to be revealed. In addition to His creation of the physical realm we live in, there is also soul space. That is where we sit at His feet to learn, laugh and Love. He has spoken and taught me in totally new ways these last few months…I pray the same for you, too.
So, as the days begin to cool off, please know you are welcome to come walk the labyrinth and spend a little “created time” of your own here.
In the beginning, God created…
Genesis 1:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stepping in to birl with me!
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace
as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow
with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13