May our hearts and minds continue to birl away from self and move through the currents of this world, carried by His Word, to the eternal embrace of our Saviour, Christ Jesus.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Resonating ~



There is a sweet sound wafting in the first morning breezes! When I hear those low bass tones, I know it is here ~ Fall!
We have several wind chimes in the yard, all ringing out in the same key, but the large bass ones only gong in a north wind and with that sound, my heart resonates. Soon, the heat of summer will be gone and the crisp air of fall will bring in new birds and lovely butterflies. Mmmm, my favourite season is almost here!

I am glad this season is “announced” with such a pleasant gong and not a clang! Tho’ our chimes do clang, that is the noise we hear when a storm comes in, or a hot wind from the south. FYI, clanging is not an indication of a good thing!
It is not so good when I clang either, Scripture tells us...

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.  (NIV)
If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don’t love, I’m nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate.  (The Message)
I Corinthians 13:1

I really like both versions of this verse, ‘cuz either way, our words should resonate with God and to others! 

We should open gently to their hearts, not be cranky, crusty and rusty! Our words have the opportunity to speak Life into our world…every time we open our mouths. That is what we are here for ~ to walk with God, praise Him, keep company with Him. It is important to know if we’re clanging…ya know, listen to our own selves. Those clanging words are an indication of something in my heart that needs to get tuned in with God’s heart, because when we “clang”, the world doesn’t hear Jesus, or the introduction of new life, new season, new Love.
You may have read this verse a thousand times, but just one more…slowly this time.
 Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  
It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails…
I Corinthians 13:4-8a

A while back, as I read this verse, I noticed something that really spoke to me again. It says Love is not that Love might be one day, or if you work at it maybe, nope, it is
AND Love is always not that Love is sometimes, or occasionally, and most definitely not something “we” muster up. A very wise friend of mine told me today that we humans equate love to happiness. If we love there is a “happy” element. But God loves always. Circumstances, words, attitudes of our heart do not change His love for us.




Love is Who He is always. 
His Love resonates with our hearts, speaks Life into our souls…always. 
We may delight, or grieve our Father, we may come to Him praising or pouting and none of this changes 
His Love for us….always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stepping in to birl with me!
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace
as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow
with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13