May our hearts and minds continue to birl away from self and move through the currents of this world, carried by His Word, to the eternal embrace of our Saviour, Christ Jesus.

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Kessler Methodist Church ~ Dallas, Texas


I found a listing for this labyrinth online and decided to go visit on our second day in DFW. The day was overcast and a little rain fell occasionally, but nothing too stormy. The road I drove in on wound through a pretty, hilly neighborhood. The Church is on the corner and filled with large oak trees, something we do not see where we live!

As I pulled around to the parking lot, I saw that there was a school and the children were playing outside and laughing. It was quite a difference from the quiet hill on the morning before. The sweet, boisterous, joy-filled sounds of children filled the air! 




As I walked around the sidewalk to the entrance of the labyrinth, it began to rain and everyone ran inside. I also, ran back to the truck and waited. Then, after just a few minutes, it stopped. So, settled under a smaller tree at the edge of the labyrinth, I opened my book. The Scripture for that day was Ephesians 4:30,

“And grieve not the Holy Spirit, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.”

At the very moment I read that, it began to mist a bit, but I was under the tree and staying dry, so I sat. A moment later there was a clap of thunder and one single drop came flying in (at an odd angle) and landed by my eye and ran slowly down my left cheek......We cried softly for a moment, and the skies cleared.  

One of the purposes of the labyrinth walk is to ask God what we should take with us after our time with Him. Again, another analogy, a visual to confirm our time the day before on the hill…So, this day I left my mourning there with Him in the morning rain and took with me the Peace that passes all understanding.

Then young women will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
Jeremiah 31:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stepping in to birl with me!
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace
as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow
with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13