May our hearts and minds continue to birl away from self and move through the currents of this world, carried by His Word, to the eternal embrace of our Saviour, Christ Jesus.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

New Growth!



He directs our paths, always…not just when we are aware, but always.  The labyrinth is a ‘physical’ way of opening space to walk with and listen to the Lord. In laying the path here, my desire is to have Him set all our steps, beginning with the actual labyrinth design. 

I was absolutely thrilled to see new growth at the base of the giant timber bamboo and it is coming up right where it will form part of the wall of the pathway!
Isn’t that just the way of God, to bring in new growth and always right where it needs to be. We may not know we “need” it at the time, or what to do with it, but He will direct the path when we seek Him to do so.



Then as I was taking a few rocks at a time from the big pile, I thought, “I may need more Lord. It’s going to run out” HA, I turned around and there behind the ginger was a whole other pile of rocks waiting to be used and already on the side of the labyrinth where they are needed! That seemed like a great time to take a breather and sit for a moment and thank Him, yet again, for His provision in all this.

As I stopped to catch my breath a bit and look at the path so far, I was transported back to my childhood. My brother, sister and I used to have a favourite past time when camping in the woods. We made leaf houses, pretty elaborate ones as I recall! And here I thought this labyrinth making was new to me. 

Well, nothing new under the sun, Lord! Guess all those leaf houses were practice for the prayer labyrinth that He would one day have me make at home.

The Lord watches over you—
    the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
    nor the moon by night.
 The Lord will keep you from all harm—
    he will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going
    both now and forevermore.
Psalm 121:5-8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stepping in to birl with me!
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace
as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow
with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13