May our hearts and minds continue to birl away from self and move through the currents of this world, carried by His Word, to the eternal embrace of our Saviour, Christ Jesus.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Off Kilter



And God said…
As I walked the labyrinth today, I just felt a little off kilter. The thoughts racing thru my head were as noisy as the flock of parrots overhead! At the corner of the labyrinth, where some crosses hang, even they were a bit crooked ~ perhaps bumped into by the squirrels or birds? Must admit, I felt a little “bumped into” today, also.

I paused ~ a breath, a whisper, a step. My thought was, with the New Year and all, what Scripture to pray or what focus in this time. So I opened my Bible and started…”in the beginning”. It was as if the words leapt from the pages ~ as the indention placed “And God said,” for 3 columns in my Bible. Then the last indention, verse 27,
“So, He created man.”

HE has said, He has spoken over all things before He even had us here for our first baby steps. I was struck by all that makes up the labyrinth ~ trees, stones, leaves, granite, breezes and butterflies. Things of His creation line the paths and fill the air.

Oftentimes, when I first walk down the path, I just want to step right over and into Center. Especially on off kilter days! I mean today, even the squirrel was fussing at me for interrupting him!

“And God said”…His ways are right and righteous. They may seem the long way round, but our only “job” is to learn to trust Him with our path and not go hopping over where He put a fence. 


There’s a reason for that.  The long way round, as we may see it, is where we learn Patience in the bend of the road, embrace Peace in the valleys and learn Grace in the gentleness of the moment.

Since you are all set apart by God, made holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with a holy way of life: compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.
Colossians 3:12


A footnote…
Sometimes I take my bible, or another prayer book with me into the labyrinth. Today, I decided to also start taking a little note pad. That way I may jot a note, or thought of Scripture down, so I won’t forget that prompting later…I want to remember it exactly. Well, I have a stack of little note pads on my desk from over the years. Some are partially used, others are cute gifts from friends and so there are several to choose from. Today I just picked up a thin one that could fit inside my Bible. I did skip a few pages in the pad and wrote a couple of thoughts today, so I was very glad it was there!
After I came inside and journalled about my time there, I took a look at what was on the previous pages. (could have just been an old grocery list…who knows?!?)
There was a whole poem I had written long ago, that began with, “And God said, ‘Hello?’…” Isn’t He just AWESOME!??!!? I sat amazed, overwhelmed by His forethought, yet again.
The poem will be posted on a separate page that you can see in the listing of tabs at the top. 
Blessings, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stepping in to birl with me!
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace
as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow
with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13