May our hearts and minds continue to birl away from self and move through the currents of this world, carried by His Word, to the eternal embrace of our Saviour, Christ Jesus.

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Foggy



Sometimes a change of seasons is brought in with the fog. A place we did not see coming. And perhaps thankfully, cannot see very far in.  It is funny that we humans are such creatures of habit, so set in our ways…seemingly fixed in place, when our God is so grand, so diverse…yet, most assuredly fixed in place, Love enthroned.

As I looked up at the moon the other night, it did not shimmer. It was foggy and thru the bamboo there was a silver glow. It was stunning. God does that, ya know. In the midst of our fog He glows. Love is stunning and yet, we can just sit in the fog.  It is so easy, or so it seems, to look at another’s life and see the brilliance of God’s love blazing around them…even when they’re in a foggy situation. But it does seem harder to see when we’re in our own fog. (or even recognize/acknowledge we’re there?) He’s shining, but we miss it.
I know this evening, everything was seeped in the moon’s glow. It wasn’t a spotlight moon, or a big huge yellow moon…everything was bathed in a soft silver glow.
It just got me thinking how often I look for God in things and wonder what’s going on. Maybe I’m only looking for the big spotlight and meanwhile everything is glowing…

[ You’re Missing God in All This ] Jesus once again addressed them:
 “I am the world’s Light. No one who follows me stumbles around in the darkness. I provide plenty of light to live in.”
John 8:12 ~ The Message Version

There’s plenty of light to live in…Jesus says so! I know I don't always appreciate the hemmed in feeling of life’s fog. It keeps me from staring backwards and focusing on the ugly bits, or laying hold of things best left where they were. 
Also, a couple of things hit me freshly today in this verse. First, “Jesus once again addressed them…”
I always love to be reminded that Jesus is in the business of reminding. Thankfully, Scripture is full of “once agains”. Places that Jesus taught again because He knows we so often just don’t get it.
And then, Jesus says we don’t stumble in the dark…but here’s why, when we follow HIM we don’t stumble. There will be darkness in our lives, we will walk around in it and we “can” stumble, but we don’t have to…there’s plenty of Light to live in  this day! Every day is the Lord’s day, fog and all…


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stepping in to birl with me!
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace
as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow
with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13