May our hearts and minds continue to birl away from self and move through the currents of this world, carried by His Word, to the eternal embrace of our Saviour, Christ Jesus.

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Chiseled



I got to Center today and just kinda plopped. It was windy and chilly and there really were a lot of leaves to clean up, and I sat. BUT, I just couldn’t get my mind to stop and get off the list of ‘chores’ I thought I had. Then, my eyes fell on this rock. It looks like it has had parts of the first thin layer chipped off. I glanced around at the other rocks and there were more…dents and colorings and chips. I guess you could say they were just ordinary, everyday looking rocks…but today they just seemed different somehow. From a standing position, the path pattern they form is easy to see, but from where I sat on the ground today, there didn’t seem to be much pattern, just rocks. 


Dirt and leaf covered rocks, shiny rocks, half buried rocks, rocks under rocks ~ big, little and in-between rocks ~ lots of rocks.
When we look at ourselves and those around us, it may seem to be a jumble of rocks with no pattern, no discernible point..but life isn’t a jumble to God. He is the point! 

So, what are You chiseling off of me today, Lord? And thank You, God that You are still chiseling, polishing and moving us all around, ‘cuz I know I need it! And don’t we all? Ya know, we’re not ever going to be the perfect version of ourselves this side of heaven. So, I’m just thanking God that He is working on us, each in the way that we need.

Then, as I was walking the path back out of the labyrinth (quite thankful and thinking I had learned a good lesson today), there was something else. (not sure if you’ll be laughing at or with me on this one, but well, here goes!) There was poop. And no, I didn’t take pics of the poop….you’re welcome. 

But, seriously, if one may speak seriously for a moment about poop, it was “where” the poop was that got my attention. Apparently during the last cold snap we had lots of birds hiding up in the bamboo. There were “signs” of this in front of where the cracked pot is (earlier post about a visual prayer prompt to remind us to repent as we approach our Father in prayer) and right in front of the new cross on the fence. Really! Right where we need to leave our poop ~ all the ugly in our lives ~ right at the foot of the cross. 

For me this served as a reminder that God is always teaching us thru everything, even poop. The question shouldn’t be, “Is God teaching me?” but, “Am I looking to learn?”. And we can learn, need to learn, from all that God allows to happen in our lives…even the poopy stuff. He is our All in all and tells us He wants all of us, not parts we pick ‘cuz we think He isn’t aware of the yuck we think we’re hiding.
  
Job 36:15
As for the righteous—when they are afflicted—
God delivers them through the affliction itself,
and uses the trial to open their ears to His voice.


Have faith in Him in all circumstances, dear people.
Open up your heart to Him;
the True God shelters us in His arms.
 Psalm 62:8
~ The Voice Version ~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stepping in to birl with me!
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace
as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow
with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13