May our hearts and minds continue to birl away from self and move through the currents of this world, carried by His Word, to the eternal embrace of our Saviour, Christ Jesus.

Sunday, February 9, 2014

The UnPath



What a beautiful day!!! It has been cold and rainy for days, but today the sun is shining and it has warmed up. It was great to get outside and enjoy a quiet time in the labyrinth today. As I walked thru, things were a little soggy, but still very nice. The chachalacas flew in for a bit and seemed as happy as I was to have a little sun.



As I was walking, I saw that lots of the bamboo leaves had fallen and it looked like we had a very thick leaf carpet going on! In several places it was a little difficult to see the stones that mark the path. And the ginger must be happy with the rain because it is growing like crazy! Then I thought, oops! I know where the path goes, but from the way it looked today, it might be a little bit of a challenge…paths are like that sometimes. I mean, there doesn’t have to be a boulder in the way to get us to stop or turn around, right? And yes, all the while my brain is wandering with these thoughts, so for some help in the focus department, I took out my little book and read this Scripture….
I wait for the Lord
    more than watchmen wait for the morning,
    more than watchmen wait for the morning.
Israel, put your hope in the Lord,
    for with the Lord is unfailing love
    and with Him is full redemption.
Psalm 130:6-7
For a little change, no segue here, I’m just going to type what I wrote in my journal today…

It is the life that steps with God that walks in the un-path. In a world that is unholy, He is holy. It is in the steps of faith, when we see no path at all, that His unfailing Love makes a way. For whatever is obscuring our path is of no consequence ~ feather or boulder ~ God’s will is undeterred. He moves heaven and earth, unyielding to the evil one’s schemes.
Our Lord’s unfailing Love brings us to full redemption…not partial, not bearable, not stoic or lifeless…full redemption is unfettered of sin, untouched by defeat, unbound by Grace. The UnPath is unmatched and unbroken by the mercy of Christ’s unfailing sacrifice for each of us. His unfailing Love seeks us out and we have the beautiful opportunity, everyday, to let go of our ‘self’ and unreservedly step with Him into the Un of our path.

So, we don’t know what is on our paths ahead, but we do know that it is not unknown to our Father! 

But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him,
    on those whose hope is in his unfailing love…
Psalm 33:18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stepping in to birl with me!
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace
as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow
with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13