May our hearts and minds continue to birl away from self and move through the currents of this world, carried by His Word, to the eternal embrace of our Saviour, Christ Jesus.

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Fork



It rained bamboo last night! OK, so maybe I am exaggerating, but it sure did seem like it to me. Several places along the path looked like this…


The rocks were covered and it looked like there was a fork in the road. So, I got a bag and did a little (lot) of leaf bagging. I had to laugh, because I really had not noticed all that on the way into the Center of the labyrinth, just on the way out. Funny how that happens, sometimes we can walk along just fine and not seem to need directions, and then...?

In life, you think ~ no, you know ~ you’ve had a word from God, you’re seeking His path and then it looks like you’re at a fork in the road. As I cleaned things us, I just looked at the “fork” a little differently today. God does allow the appearance of a fork, but is there really one? I mean, HE has a path for our lives…a perfect, glory-to-God-giving path…just because we don’t see it, doesn’t mean it isn’t there. That “fork” in our life may be a pause, a place God knows that we need to stop and brush a few things off in order to see His next steps for us. 
Perhaps a good first thing to do when we get to a “fork”, is to stop and thank God for it…after all, He put it there, so there must be something of His goodness we’re to stop and take in. AND THEN, allow Him to brush what needs to get brushed, so the path is made clear.



My Grandmother said that when you sat a table and there was a fork above your plate that was a really good thing. It meant there was dessert in your future, so save room!
 
“Don’t let this throw you. You trust God, don’t you? Trust Me. There is plenty of room for you in my Father’s home. If that weren’t so, would I have told you that I’m on my way to get a room ready for you? And if I’m on my way to get your room ready, I’ll come back and get you so you can live where I live. And you already know the road I’m taking.”
John 14:1-4 ~ The Message Version


 We all have personalized “forks” in our lives…ways that God is reminding us that Jesus has gone to prepare a place for us, a banquet for us all! 

Praying to learn to celebrate the forks! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stepping in to birl with me!
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace
as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow
with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13